The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) is an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). NDLTD organize annual conference since 1998 to promote the ideas of ETDs as a global concern, aiming to forester the development of ETDs.
Since the first ETD symposium was held in 1998, NDLTD continues to co-work with different academic institutions in various countries to organize the conference every year. The 21st International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations, to be held in Taipei, Taiwan, is hosted by the National Central Library and co-organized by Library Association of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and Interlibrary Cooperation Association. It will be a great opportunity for exchanging ETD experiences with professionals from different countries, also connecting to the good practices around the world.
The conference theme is “Beyond the Boundaries of Rims and Oceans: Globalizing Knowledge with ETDS”. We hope to encourage the sharing of knowledge between different countries, and further urge Asian countries to underline the collection of electronic theses and dissertation. The conference program includes panels, parallel sessions, workshops and poster exhibition. The sub-themes of the conference are as follows:
- Collection and Sharing of Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- International and Local Services of Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Collection and Analysis Applications of Big Data
- The Research Energy of a Country Revealed in Theses and Dissertations
- Value-Added Knowledge of ETD and Development of Digital Contents Industry
- Knowledge Property and Academic Ethics
- Other topics related to ETDs but not limited within the sub-themes above
We invite all audience who are interested in ETD development to submit proposals and to participate in the conference.